POEM: STRANGE AILMENT ~ KOKSNATION

News | Articles | Sports | Entertainment

30 Dec 2016

POEM: STRANGE AILMENT

 


#Strange Ailment

She promised a June of love
and a winter full of warmth
that I shall stroke her hair
come the morrow as she sleeps

It’s when time was dead that this
love did tango; it’s when age is
old shall her  face wrinkle for
whether Earth breaks in pieces

or the sun to Darkness shrink
I must love her with kisses lips
and bath in the madness of her
love till insanity has its purpose

let the rivers of Nile flow
upon our life and may what
we feel play in harmony like
 a well-orchestrated symphony

for it is within the realms
of this righteous madness
does these extremes of
life and death thus exist;

Like stars of the heavens will
I look up at her eyes as they
Sparkle and like a curvy keg
on hands will I hold her hips

with excitement for as the honey
Heals so does her words soothe
my sore heart;and until my dying
day shall her feet be caressed

with tears of mine as perfumed oil;
just like a shepherd had she learnt
to tame my woes and like a lion I do
roar courageously for her protection;

Even in the coldest recess of
blindness will the contours of Her
face be engraved in my thoughts
and like earth's silica shall I swim in

her eternal memory of merry emotions
Yes! I was born when she kissed me.




As told By Esperanza Ibim Obene
Excerpt from Silent Whispers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE