POEM: THE LIFE FOR THE CLARION CALL ~ KOKSNATION

News | Articles | Sports | Entertainment

19 Aug 2017

POEM: THE LIFE FOR THE CLARION CALL

*YOU ARE WRONG*

Koksnation.blogspot.com


*YOU ARE WRONG*

It's exactly three in the morning
When I heard the sound of the beagle
Little did I know that 30 minutes later;
I'd hear the sound of the whistle.
As I lay down to readjust myself,
I heard a loud voice in the room saying
If you're still sleeping, you are wrong.

Thus making it our daily song
As our body have failed to dance to the rhythm and blues
Yet our tired self remain humbled.
My heart raced out of me
As my legs didn't fail to follow
It was ten past five in the morning 

Damn!!! 

I've been betrayed by my wrist watch
I had a short night
After a long period of parade, 
drama and dance the other night
The lecture wasn't boring but was long enough to kill the fun at the mami market
As many made ready to grab every opportunity to hug their beds
To the parade ground the soldiers echoes
Left-right, cos our foot have been programmed to follow
If not, you are wrong!

What do we do that is actually not wrong?
They'll say, just follow our instructions.

The oversized boots and the extra-large uniforms have made us 
look like we were never born for the military attention.
I have size eight but I need size five,
So I cannot give you my size seven,
Because I need size eleven,
This have been the statement routine at every platoon.
Everyone has suddenly become a star boy ambassador, 
without an endorsement,
They've associated themselves with a known figure.

The long queue at the kitchen, bathroom and hall 
Is enough to make an Iroko tree fall
Cos if you're not on the queue, then you are wrong!
And we are all sent out to different destination 
with different directions, 
The local government secretariat has become what we know, 
to the interior places we find ourselves
but we're not inferior.

Camp have United us together
In oneness, NYSC has excel above others
One memory will remain with me and you,
And that is the beagle that never ceases to sound
To greet Nigeria good morning
As we all stand still to greet her good night.

Thus, the answer to the clarion call!

Composed by - Facebook: Popoola Yusuf Olatunji Bravo
                         Instagram: @Tunji Bravo

Tags: Nysc, Education

Follow us on twitter @koksnationn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE