Derenle Edun shares emotional throwback story ~ KOKSNATION

News | Articles | Sports | Entertainment

19 Apr 2019

Derenle Edun shares emotional throwback story

It all started in 1992, my first photoshoot as a model at the Shola Creative Studios in Surulere, Lagos. After moments of rejection, I had faith in myself, strived hard and was determined to make a point; that was how I got to where I am today.  

 Derenle Edun shares throwback story
MTV Base VJ,  TV host, model and essentric dancer,  Denrele Edun shares his emotional throwback story on how his journey to stardom started. 

"I was the shortest, skinniest Male Model at that time, but that didn't deter me. The hustle was real. I got to a designer's house and saw a cluster of top models. They all burst into laughter when I walked past but then, who cared?".

Sighting a familiar face, I ran up to her and was told fittings had begun. In my usual bravado, I saw the designer & walked up to him. Moment I introduced myself & my intentions, he stared me down & asked,
"Are you a Refugee?".
"No Sir, but I'm the model with a unique look who'll love to walk for you, I threw back confidently. 

He looked me up & down and said,  "You can never walk on my runway. You look like a malnourished Somalian refugee & with that he faced his tailors & continued giving directives. 

"I'll wait in the Showroom Sir, till you're ready to fit me I answered back and walked in to the reception. 

This designer actually hissed & went in. Came out, dismissed all the other models without me noticing & left d building. With all the courage I could muster, I waited for an agonizing 12hrs.

I was scared to go get something to eat because I didn't want to miss his entrance. 
At about 11pm, he strolled in with some other models. They obviously had finished a shoot & he seemed to be in a lighter mood. Seeing my chance, I walked up to him. This time, he lost his cool. But that didn't stop me from walking his show weeks after". 

He refused to pay me & not only was I stranded but had to walk from V/I to Yaba where Vigilantees made me frog jump on the express". 

The controversial Derenle is also the MTV Base LipSync Battle Host and has won over 80 awards during in his quest so far.

Tags: Denrele Edun, Social media,  Entertainment
Follow us on twitter @koksnationn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE